Friday, November 1
Part 1: Future Trends in Health Technology: 8:00 AM – 9:25 AM
Part 2: Future Trends with Digital Therapeutics: 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM
AMCP is proud to once again offer an innovative education opportunity that mixes short, focused presentations with interactive panel discussions. For AMCP Nexus 2019, this program will focus on health information technology and digital therapeutics.
It’s no secret that the role of information technology continues to evolve and become increasingly sophisticated. Today, health professionals have access to unprecedented data and can use this information to impact patient outcomes. Digital therapeutics are a new and exciting way to use technology to further engage patients in their treatment and help the medical team support their care. To help payers understand how technology and digital therapeutics are being used and what the future may look like, please join us for this interactive, engaging discussion.
During this session, participants will hear from industry leaders who are using information, technology and digital therapeutics to engage patients, improve outcomes and support value-based care. You will hear real-life examples of what these leaders are doing. What has worked. What hasn’t worked. What outcomes are they seeing. Come find out!
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify at least two applications of health technology that may benefit payers.
- Explain how health technology can be used for specialty medications.
- Summarize the role of digital therapeutics in the management of specific conditions.
8:00 am – 8:10 am Welcome and Introduction to AMCP Talks
8:10 am – 8:15 am Future Trends in Health Technology
8:15 am – 8:55 am Presentations
- Changing Behavior and Improving Adherence Through a Member-Tailored Approach to Impact Performance
- Using Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Robots to Enhance Patient Care
- Text and Thrive: Leveraging Mobile Technology to Increase Specialty Patient Engagement and Optimize Outcomes
- Pharmacist’s Perspective from Utilizing a Cloud-Based Population Health System Platform within a Clinically Integrated Network
8:55 am to 9:25 am Panel: Perspectives on Health Technology
9:25 am to 9:45 am Break
9:45 am to 9:50 am Future Trends with Digital Therapeutics
9:50 am to 10:30 am Presentations
- Digital Therapeutics: Pharmacists and a New class of Treatment
- Plug-in Required: How Digital Therapeutics Can Connect to the Coverage Broadband
- Objective Medication Adherence Information: Implications of a Digital Medication Ingestion Platform for Prescribing Practices, Treatment Outcomes and Cost of Care
- Digital Therapeutics: From the Individual to the Population
10:30 am to 11:00 am Panel: Perspectives on Digital Therapeutics
11:00 am to 11:15 am Closing Remarks/Program Feedback
Please note that this session will not be accredited for continuing pharmacy education credit.
For more details including faculty, please visit the session guide.